Before you can start building your own web pages, you first need to set up some tools. You likely have at least one browser and possibly a text editor already installed on your computer.
Many different web browsers are available, and it is important that you test your website in all of the most popular ones in order to make sure that your website looks and behaves as you want it to.
A good text editor can actually make you more productive and help you to quickly identify any errors that you may make while coding. In this section, I list some of the most popular text editors for Mac, Windows, and Linux, but many other alternatives are available. So, check it out!
1. Sublime Text 2:
– It is rapidly gaining popularity among developers because of its flexibility and its great set of features. It is used in the latest TreeHouse videos and offers loads of features, including themes, code completion, and snippets.
– Sublime Text 2 is not free, but many developers purchasing because it is a good investment and can help to increase your productivity.
– It is not free but you can find alternatives also.
– It is a good general-purpose text editor that is available for the Mac. Unlike Sublime Text 2, TextWrangler is free.
– You can download it from http://www.barebones.com/products/TextWrangler/.
– It is a popular text editor for Windows developers, and the best bit is that it is completely free. It supports many different programming languages,
including the html.
– Download Notepad++ at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/.
4. Visual Studio Code:
– It is a source-code editor developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and macOS.
– It includes support for debugging, embedded Git control, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion, snippets, and code refactoring.
– It is also customizable, so users can change the editor’s theme, keyboard shortcuts, and preferences.
– The source code is free and open source and released under the permissive MIT License. The compiled binaries are freeware and free for private or commercial use.
– Download Visual Studio Code at https://code.visualstudio.com/.
That’s it your HTML coding environment is successfully setup now enjoy my next part to start some basic tags that used in HTML coding.
Hope you like this post. Enjoy!