It is a lightweight, cross-platform, an interpreted scripting language. It is well-known for the development of web pages, many non-browser environments also use it.
JS version release year chart:
Characteristics of JS:
- Dynamically typed languages: This language can receive different data types over time.
- Light Weight: It is so lightweight, and all the browsers are supported by JS.
- Handling: Handling events is the main feature of JS, it can easily response on the website when the user tries to perform any operation.
- Interpreter Centered: Java Script is built with interpreter centered that allows the user to get the output without the use of the compiler.
Advantages of JS:
- It doe’s not require compilation process so no compiler is needed user’s browsers do the task.
Disadvantages of JS:
- It only supports single inheritance, so in few cases may require the object-oriented language characteristic.
- A single error in code can totally stop the website’s code rendering on the website.
Thank you for reading, and let’s connect!
Thank you for reading my blog, feel free to subscribe to my email newsletter, and ask questions and give your valuable suggestions.